Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Marathon!




We had such a great weekend seeing all the family in St. George for the Marathon. For me it was one of the most fun, and worst marathon I have ever run. Nate ran with my Uncle Sam because they both wanted to get a faster time than my dad and I. They both did great. I am so proud of my hubby. My dad and I had a blast because we weren't stressed to reach a certain time. Usually I am freaking out if I take to long to get a drink or heaven forbid you have to go the the bathroom during the run. It was nice to just laugh and talk to a bunch of random people during the race. We didn't listen to our Ipods once. Well, around mile 18 I was really starting to feel it. During the month of Sept. I only was able to fit in 1 run and 1 soccer game, so I was banking on that to get me through the race. My dad was such a stud and kept me company to make sure I would make it okay. Mile 23 comes along and I am still pretty much doing okay. Usually at the end of the race I get a ton of adrenaline and I can't wait to see my family and friends cheering us on. Once we got to mile 24 I could care less who was cheering, my body was shutting down and I could barley move. I finally experience the running term, "hitting the wall". I never understood how you could run so far and not be able to gut out the last few miles until now. I don't know how I even finished. My dad was so great to stay with me and drag me along. Right after we crossed the finish line I passed out and fell over. My dad said the people were trying to carry me to the first aid station and me, being the stubborn brat I am, was hitting them telling them to let me down and that I was doing just fine. Apparently they let go of me and I fell over again. Ha ha, I can't really remember all of that. Oh, and to top it off I got a form of hypothermia after the race my body couldn't warm itself up and I was shaking violently for a while. It rained during the WHOLE race....But like I said other than that it was such a great weekend. My time was my worst ever though 4 hours and 43 min. (the last 2 miles took me over 30 min, yikes!) Nate got 4 hours and 7 min. He did great because he wasn't able to train much either! He has been online today looking to sign up for more marathons. Not me, I will have to wait a while before my next one!

13 comments:

The Moore Family said...

great job on the marathon. It was so good to see you guys this last weekend. What is your address Rylann has something she wants to mail out to you? Your pictures are great love them.

crazymamma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crazymamma said...

Holy crap michelle.....you are a FREAKIN ANIMAL! I swear i cant even run 5 minutes anymore so it is freakin amazing what you did! I am sooo totally impressed! you need to be totally proud of yourself..that is awesome! And i loved seeing the pics of your dad! Ohhh ..i totally remember our good ol soccer days when he would cheer us all on! anyways...great job

The Hammer's said...

I don't know if you will remember me but I was just looking at some different blogs and ran across yours off of Rachelle's blog. I did gymnastics at southern utah, and remembered you played soccer. We hung out at some parties. But anyways, it looks like you are doing well and enjoying life.
Sheena (shaw) Hammer
P.S. congrats on the marathon! I praise anyone that can do that.

Mike and Jill said...

So I am so mad I didn't see you! My kids were sick so we sat at the finish line just long enough for my mother in law to cross it and we took off. I'm so proud of you though! I could never do it! Good job!!

l&slittle said...

Crazy Lady! My sister does those marathons too, I don't understand how you can be alone with your own thoughts for 26 miles! I think...know I would go crazy. Glad we're blogging buddies. Keep in touch! By the way you guys are so cute.

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh Michelle! I still can't believe you can run that far! And without training!

3 Men & a Lady said...

You're kidding me??? Passed out and hypothermia? Yikes! My friend also ran that marathon and said the conditions were HORRIBLE! Way to make it through with flying colors!

Nick and Amera said...

I've seen you pass out before, and if I rmember correctly YOU WERE STUBBORN THEN TOO! I can not believe you think 4 hours sucks! Would you like to see me try? Talk about an all day event!! Im so proudof you and your determination to finish! Although, next time you need to not let your pride get in the way and take care of your little self. You are awesome, I cannot belive how amazing you are!! Good job and honestly, GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK you did a lot better than a lot of people could or even would!!! Your awesome!

The Fast Family said...

Good job Mishizzle! I think anyone that can finish a marathon is amazing. I think your time is great by the way. Im glad your Dad was with you. :)

Rachelle Carling said...

Hey Girl, my parents the marathon too and said it was a killer. So my GREATEST complaints to you for doing it with a great time. You're incredible! I hope all is well now and that you are doing good.
You're a hoot!

Rachelle Carling said...

Don't mind that I didn't read my post before i published it. I meant to add "ran" in the first sentence. Oops!

Lindsey said...

Mich I can't believe it! Well actually I can I know what a determined mama you are! Crazy how you passed out. I'm glad your ok. I'm sure you'll be running like crazy again in no time.