Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Nesting???


Wahoo! We made it to 33 weeks. I feel like/look like a mountain...I am in horrible shape from loafing around so much...but baby Zane is doing good! My contractions are still going on, but it is better than a few months ago and my medication seems to help. Every week seems to be a little better, so I truly think we can make it full term!!! I keep asking myself if I should be "nesting" yet. By this time with Kade I had read every parenting book, painted his themed room, organized his closet, and vacuumed his room 100 times by now. I have to admit the most I have done with this baby is think, "Maybe I should pull out Kade's infant car seat and scrub the old baby barf out of it?" I know I should be doing something to make it special this time around. I guess it just hasn't hit me yet that I will soon have two little boys. I do have to say that I am glad the anxiety of being a first time mom isn't happening this time around. I feel a little guilty that I am not all stressed and excited about everything. It is kind of like the first Christmas that you stop believing in Santa Clause...it is still fun and exciting, but just really different. I am sure if I was aloud to drive then I would be out shopping for this new little man. But for now I guess I am just spending as much one on one time with Kade while I can. Here is to hoping that we can go at least 6 more weeks. As much as I am uncomfortable and can't sleep...I don't want to have a pre-term little one, so bring on the heartburn, fat belly, and bad back :)
 I am so grateful that Nate takes Kade on most all his daily runs. I know it is a sacrifice for Nate because you don't get as good of a run when you are pushing the running stroller along. I love it so much for these reasons:
*I love to watch Nate interact with Kade *I love for Kade to get some fresh air *I love how relaxed I am when they are gone :). It is just different from when Kade goes down for naps. I am still having to listen for him while he naps; but when they go on runs I get an hour or more to lay in bed and read. *And I love that I have a cute, fit hubby even though his wife is chubby! he he
My favorite boys. Do they make them any cuter?!

We are getting sad that football season is coming to an end. Sunday's after church just aren't the same without some games and a snack.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kaye and Jared said...

Love it Michelle! You make me laugh!! It is a different sense of excitement with the 2nd one I agree. I can't believe how good you are doing for "being on bed rest" for someone that is ALWAYS on the GO!! Not sure what I would do!! When I was pregnant with twins my dr. told me that I was probably going to be on bedrest for a while too and I remember thinking to myslef "me sit still and do nothing ya right I'll go crazy - you know how hard that would be for me" Anyways you're doing awesome!! You look great!! You'll be back to running marathons in no TIME after that baby!! Hopefully the next 6 weeks fly by and you make it that far!!

Kylee said...

Mich I am so so excited for you to have another lil guy...you will have to fo sure come and visit again, but just stay longer!! I promise I could keep Kade entertained :) Heis getting so big! Can't wait for lil Zane to get here!! You look GREAT! :) xoxo

Jeff and Brandi said...

Hello Belly!!!! I miss you guys!

Andrus Family said...

Mich, you get the BEST prego bellies ever - love it! Glad to hear things seem to be going well with the pregnancy. Just keep him cooking a little bit longer! :) Then when he's out get your hiney home so I can meet him!! And don't worry, I'm pretty sure everyone feels the same way as you about kid #2 - I know I did. Heaven help me if I ever have a third child!! That kid will be lucky if I do anything in advance for it!!!

Lori and Trevor said...

You are so cute! Im sorry you are on bed rest! I hope you make it to full term too. It is way fun having my kids close you will love watching them play together and seeing how much they love and copy eachother! I felt the same with baby #2 but when he is born you will be amazed at how much you love him the same as your first! and everything is so much easier the second time around! Im excited for you.

Tyler and Kendyl said...

You look so great!!

I NEVER hit the nesting stage before having Gus and to this day his room is bare. I just painted his walls about a month ago and he is almost 1! So, don't feel bad. They don't care what their room looks like or if they have new clothes, or are dressed for that matter. All that matters is that they are loved and I know for a fact he will be just as loved as Kade is already.

This probably sounds weird but I am really proud of you for listening to your doctors and taking it easy. :)

Whitney said...

Michelle you look so good!! I need to come see you ASAP.

Marisa Jean said...

Oh my, darling belly! Love those pictures! You are doing great! Seriously, I think I'd lose it, but you have been such a champ. Such an inspiration! :)

I'm getting so excited to see what little Zane will look like. Woot! Woot!

Unknown said...

Congrats on baby #2.it's going to be so much fun. I'm so glad you're doing better. Kade looks like he's such a fun cute little guy.