Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Little munchkin!

I don't know if Nate and I can be any more excited for this! We both are so excited to be parents. This last year was a little tough at times because once we decided we wanted to start our family, I was ready for it to happen right away. Heavenly Father had to teach me a few lessons of patience! But now we are so blessed with a tiny little thing! We found out on our way to Utah for Christmas. We were all packed and ready in the car and Nate's little bro and his girlfriend were riding with us. I realized I forgot my allergy medicne so I ran back inside to get it. As I was searching I found a pregnancy test (I thought we were gonna go into debt from how many I bought over the few months!) I snuck it under my shirt and ran outside to ask Nate if I could hurry and take the test. I quickly pee on the darn thing and it showed up right away. I freaked out and ran to get Nate. We were jumping up and down like crazies! After we calmed down we had to walk outside all normal and act like nothing happened because we weren't ready to share the news. The second we got to Utah we dropped them off and went to buy more prego tests to make sure. It was SO exciting to tell my family when we were up there. My parents are so excited, they have been wanting some more grandkids VERY bad. So long story short...I am due Aug. 24th...I have been pretty lucky and never got bad morning sickness...I am still able to teach my aerobic classes, but I have quit soccer because I was on crutches the first month of my pregnancy and it has been hard to try to get back into shape. I think breaking my ankle was a good thing after all because it forced me to take a break from soccer for a while I seem to get hurt a lot when I play....This baby is really going to like Cheetos, Mac and Cheese, and spaghetti. I hear about a lot of my friends loosing my appetite and I am still waiting for that to happen! I have already put on too many pretty pounds :) Last time I went to the doctored I was shocked when they weighed me and I cursed really loud! My nurse gave me a dirty look! Maybe this junk food and pizza diet isn't the best choice! My students at school are so happy. I under estimated how excited they would be. Even some of the boys were crying with joy. I think they think it is part theirs. They give it chocolate all the time (hence the pretty pounds) I have to teach them what things "NOT" to say to me. The other day one of the girls innocently said, "You are getting bigger every day, maybe you are further along than you thought!" Yikes!!!
Seeing the Ultra Sound was the best part yet. It was moving around and wagging it's arms! My mom thinks it was waving at her :) Nate thinks all the medical stuff is fascinating...

I am cramming a few other pics in this post too...I have been a slacker and haven't posted in forever so this is a quick update and some of things we've been up too...

Of course we have been on a few fishing trips. Winter in Arizona is AMAZING! 70 degrees is just about perfect, but the fishing during the winter is a little slow.

If there was a competition for catching stupid blue gills, then I would be the champion.
Cardinals Rock! I can't express how much fun this football season has been. We unfortunately aren't able to watch the Broncos in AZ because they don't televise more than 2 games a season. We watched every single Cardinals game of the season this year. They were such a fun team to watch and we couldn't believe they made it to the Super Bowl!!!!! We had some great parties with friends and family watching the games. I even made my self sick from nerves during the NFC championship game. I wish I could watch a game like a normal human being instead of jumping up and down, freaking out and screaming!

19 comments:

Holly Woolsey said...

I am still just so thrilled for the 2 of you! I think you guys will be GREAT parents! I can't wait to find out what you're having and see this little Sager come into the world!

Sara said...

Yea Yea yea!!! Thanks for an update with the details finally! And for the cute pic, although I totally disagree with you that you are oh so big already?! No-way, I can barely tell you are prego silly girl. P.s. for reference you can save lots of money on prego tests by buying them at the dollar store! A friend told me about them and that's what I used with Samantha and Parker- and they totally work. Anyway, I am so excited for you guys!!!!

Reagan Family said...

Dude you are not allowed to put a belly picture up unless you acutally have one! I love that your cursed at the Dr's! Oh I am so sad we had to cancel today. We miss you way too much! You are so funny. Let us know what your plans are for the weekend. Love ya!

The Grimmett's said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! Believe me, I know what it's like to gain too much weight. But if you work hard afterwards, you can lose it all. So indulge during these 9 months because you don't always have an excuse for gaining weight! :)

Jeff and Brandi said...

I love love the ultrasound pic. Is there anything cuter than a tiny little munchkin! By the way...all these phone calls about getting fat...You are NOT huge, you look great. It always looks worse to you when you are looking down at it. I used to have Jeff look over my shoulder and say see...look down, its huge! It's great! I'm so so so excited for you guys. Love you!

crazymamma said...

yeah! my little melvin..wait was that annie who was melvin?? shoot i freakin cant remember! hahaha..anyho i am soo excited for you! yeah! A little bambino!! hooray! it sounds like u are doing soo well...keep us all posted..i cant wait!

The Fast Family said...

I am so excited for you guys. I love they way you found out, how you were jumping up and down together. :) What a cute ultrasound picture. I love that little profile. Can't wait to here what your having. Love you.

The Williamson's said...

That has to be the cutest ultrasound picture I have ever seen! I'm so excited!

Karl & Leslie said...

I'm so excited for you! You look great! That ultrasound pic is too cute!

KatieElizabeth said...

Congrats!! Being a mom is totally cool. Im so happy for you two. Let me know what I can do to help. You will be a great mom.-It's funny that you had to stop playing soccer. I did too. Im excited to be back in shape for the alumni game....well, hopefully be back in shape by then.

Andrus Family said...

Yeah, let's not talk about you having a belly until you actually have one. Currently there is no way I could even take an aerobics class, let alone teach one! You are so lucky - yesterday, no joke, I threw up 20 times!!! This means you 2 should have lots of babies and we will stop after this one!!

Rachel said...

AWE!! Congrats!!! That ultrasound picture is really good!!! We still need to get together! I miss you!

Mike and Jill said...

Ok so is the belly pic from a couple months ago? You are so not huge!! I love the little ultrasound pic. So cute!!! And I love the story of how you found out! That is awesome! I don't know how you drove the whole way to Utah without saying anything! Congrats again!

Nick and Amera said...

well as much as I want to see you fat, I dont think it will ever happen! But whatever, Im still soooooo excited for you! You will love being a mommy and you will be soooooooo good at it! I hope its a spaz just like you! You will be very humbled at how amazing this entire process is, its truely one of the most spiritual experiences you and Nate will ever go through togetehr. Congrats!! I love you so much and dang girl, untill your unable to prance around in your skinny clothes and shorts, I'd just shut up about them pounds!!! The best advise my dr ever gaave me was......eat whatever you are craving cause obviously you need it if your craving it!!! so keep shoving down the cheeto's mac and cheese and chocolate, its perfectly fine to be as normal as possible while pregnant. Just take the pre-natals to help with the "healthy" side of things! if It makes you feel any better, I dont even take those pills, they come right back up 10 seconds later, so CHEERS TO FLINSTONE KID VITAMINS FOR ME!!! Love you so much!! Call if you ever need anything!!

Rachelle Carling said...

Oh Mich... I am SO, SO excited for you two! What a fun surprise. You guys will be great parents and the funniest too! I hope your pregnancy is easy and sick-free. You deserve it! CONGRATS...

The Hammer's said...

Congrats! that's so exciting. There really isnt anything better than being a parent. good luck with the pregnancy.

The Balls said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you! BTW miss Brandi is a good secret keeper, I have been probing her for months and her lips were sealed! Congrats!

3 Men & a Lady said...

Michelle! I am SO DANG HAPPY for you!!!! Being pregnant is such an awesome experience... especially with your first! You are going to be such a darling, fun, incredible mom. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And by the way, you are tiny!

Gary & Julie said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!!! I'm a little behind on the times. Hope you are feeling good, you look great! Nate has really nice teeth (sorry, I'm weird I know). We need to get together(the whole family), are there ever any family reunions? Hopefully we'll see you at the anniversary bash in california next month!!!