Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

He's Here!!!!

It all started with the Dodger game Friday night. I begged Nate to go, he didn't know if it would be a good idea with it being so close to the due date. I thought walkin up the stairs would help me along. We also accidentally parked really far and we walked forever...all the cheering and screaming must have done the trick. We had no idea that our lives would change forever the very next day!

Our little Kade!!!!!! Only 7 lbs 6 oz. 20 inches long. Born Saturday night 8-15-09 at 10:42 pm..... What a HOAX. The doctors have made this a long pregnancy first with the fluid issues...then telling us how HUGE he was measuring...and he comes out a little peanut! We didn't buy more than 2 newborn outfits because we thought he'd be huge...and those little newborn ones didn't even fit :)
My water broke at 9:30 am Saturday. I am a dingle and I didn't know for sure if that was it. I was expecting a HUGE gush with my fluid problem and it was not that much. Nate knew that it was it so we went right to the hospital. The had to keep us in Triage for a while because there were no open rooms yet. My contractions weren't bad at all so we actually were having fun. We thought we were gonna get beat up because we kept listening to everyone elses conversations (the curtains were the only thing separating us between tons of other ladies). We kept laughing so hard at what some of the people were saying to their nurses! We finally got our own room and they had to start me on Pitocin because I wasn't progressing. I went as long as I could and then got my epidural when the contractions got bad. I LOVED LOVED the epidural. It didn't hurt at all getting it put in. Up to this point the worst part was my IV (I had to get poked 5 times before it worked) After the epidural I just got to hang out and watch the Dodger game on TV. Perfect time for them to be playing the DBacks. All was well until little Kade started not tolerating the contractions well. Next thing we know there are 8 nurses rushing into the room changing my position and put me on oxygen. The doctor came in and flipped Kade (weirdest sensation ever to feel him flip like that inside me) that seemed to help a lot. I guess the cord was wrapped around his neck. They took me off Pitocin to give him a break. My body finally started to kick in and we didn't have to get back on it again. The next problem was that I was totally effaced, contractions were good, but I wasn't dilating like I should. So the doctor came back and finished breaking my water. I guess there was a big water bag between his head and the cervix. There was the rush of water I was looking for. It soaked my socks on my feet. They couldn't believe how much there was. They thought it would still be a while...and the doctor had to rush to another hospital to do a delivery there...I guess we tricked them because I really felt the urge to push. My nurse checked me and we were definitely ready but they had to make me wait for the doctor to get back to make sure Kade was handling it okay. I actually really liked the pushing. Ha ha...it was like a challenge for me. I wanted to be so good at it and it was like a competition. I told Nate to cheer me on to pump me up. The nurse said I really needed to get him out so we didn't have to do a C section because his heart rate was starting to go down again. We got him out of there in 45 min... yes, we had some nasty tears and an episodomy because let's just say I am not the biggest in town. It was a So surreal to me when he came out. I couldn't even believe it!

So I actually liked Labor and Delivery...I absolutely HATE the recovery part. I was not a champion at this. We had a horrible nurse the first night of recovery. To keep a long story short, she left Nate and to figure out how to feed him by ourselves and didn't even help me to the bathroom and I couldn't walk. Good thing Nate was there. Our Nurses finally got better later. They almost made us stay a few extra days because the feedings were rough.

All in all.... he is the most amazing thing in the entire world. We are home now, and it seems like we haven't had a second to breath. I truly think I have slept 4 hours total since Sat. I can't complain because I have the best helpers ever. Nate and my Mom have been Incredible!!!! They help me during all the feedings, clean the house, do the laundry, and most of all put up with me! I also have to thank all the kind thoughts, phone calls, gifts, and support from friends and family. I never realized how truly hard those first few days can be and I wish now that I was better at helping friends and family when they first had their babies. You never know until you go through it. I do have to apologize that I haven't talked to anyone yet. I have just been really tired, and busy busy. I also got lucky to have the worst phone in my life. Mine broke a few weeks ago so we dug an old one of Nate's out of a box. It doesn't even have a camera on it and the texting sucks.

He LOVES being in his burrito. He is such a snuggle bug and loves to tuck his little legs under his bum. I can't believe how much I love him already. I truly can't get enough of this little guy!

Nate is the best new daddy that anyone could ask for. He adores this little man!!!!


Today we pretty nuts because we had a doctor apt. originally scheduled for 1:00, but we tried to see if we could go earlier because he was starting to look pretty yellow, and feedings hadn't been going to well. I called the doctor at 9:35 am in the middle of feeding him. They said the only other time they could do it was at 10:00. We frantically tried to get him feed, dressed, changed, and I for the first time had to actually put clothes on. We rushed there and barley made it. Of course Nate had to drop us off because we forgot to bring some papers the Doctor needed. When Kade left the hospital he was 7 lbs. 1 oz. Today he was 6 lbs. 13 oz. so he still was loosing weight. And they wanted us to go to the lab again to re-test his Billyruben (or whatever it's called) for Jaundice. I cried the whole way to do labs because I was so tired and trying my hardest and he was still loosing weight. (talk about weepiness!) I never knew you could worry so much about someone. I swear that's why I can't sleep in the hours between feedings because I am so worried and can't settle down. Well, tomorrow is a new day...I am sure everything will turn out just fine. He is a great baby.. he loves sleeping all day and partying all night ( I have NO idea how to change that habit, if anyone does let me know!)




Hope my ramblings weren't too long. I want to start using my blog as a journal because I don't keep one anymore. But I was WAY to tired to proof read, or go back over what I wrote. Thanks again to everyone. Hopefully we'll be up for visitors soon for those close by to meet the little guy.

20 comments:

Jeff and Brandi said...

Oh I love love him. I of course had to blow up every picture. He is so cute. Take some deep breaths girl. Things will settle in shortly! There always has to be a few kinks to work out. We love you guys and can't wait to meet the little man. PS Dylan sends big slobbery kisses.

Andrus Family said...

He really is adorable, Mich! Our little guys are going to be best buddies. Like Brandi said, hang in there, it only gets easier/better with time. Your little guy will figure things out, it's just those first few weeks are always tough. Love ya!!

Karl & Leslie said...

He is sooo adorable! Nursing is hard but it gets better just hang in there:) Just try to relax and enjoy! It's the best feeling to suggle with your baby! Try to rest when he is napping and don't worry about house stuff that can wait! I love you! Guess what he was born on my mom and Steph's Birthday!

l&slittle said...

I love new moms! I remember when I had Maddie and all your stories, I'm sorry were making me laugh a little because I was the EXACT same way! I think every new mom is. I mean how can you not be! You never realize how clueless you are until the baby actually gets here. I'm sorry about the bad nurses, I think they play a crucial role in helping you along in the hospital, especially with the feeding. I hope all is getting better is sounds like it is. I love when you said that "you were not a champion at recovery" that was hilarious. I know it seems awful now, but you probably already are realizing how amazing the body is and how quickly your body does recover! I hope you are able to get some rest! Can't wait to hear more.

l&slittle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
goofywaffles said...

Hey there! You guys look like you're doing so well! You are so beautiful and your son looks as cuddly as my snuggle bears! Has anyone suggested giving Kade "sun baths"? If he's still looking yellow, strip him down to his diaper and lay him directly in the sun on a blanket while he naps. It accomplishes the same thing the hospital would do without paying for it and you can enjoy it much more :) I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to come out and visit someday!

The Grimmett's said...

Kade is so handsome! I love those little duck jammies! Babies are the best thing in the world, but they are the most work! They eventually figure out the night and day things. Just expose them to lots of light during the day and keep the lights dimmed or off at night. The first few weeks I would use a night light at night and that was it. After about 3 weeks he'll get them straight! I also heard that putting jaundiced babies in the sun helps too. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see more pics!

Nick and Amera said...

Oh my gosh, he is amazing!! YOu are sooo awesome mich!! Im so glad it went well, didnt I tell you its kinda fun the whole labor and delivery part??? I love you!!! You did awesome! As far as the sleeping stuff....try and wiggle him awake durig the day more....give him wakings about every two hours and he will sleep more at nights....its tough, but just do it, you wont regret it! if you have questions or anything just call or text me, 801-687-1617 im always up late and I have my phone on me nonstop...so if you need anything let me know! I love ya! hang in there, the sleepless nights do end!!

Reagan Family said...

Well he is as handsome as they come! Congrats!! Don't worry to much he is also still figuring this life out. It always works out, call if you need anything of have any questions! You are great and we are so happy for you guys! Love ya!

KatieElizabeth said...

I actually cried a little reading it. You are so great. Kade will figure out how to sleep at night and so will you. Good Luck. Please call me when you can!!

Marisa Jean said...

Oh my gosh! He's GORGEOUS! Congrats!

You are thee ONLY person I have ever heard that said you enjoyed labor and delivery. You are definitely a one of a kind gal.

I’ve never had a child, but I have been to a lot of baby showers. One of the pieces of advice I’ve heard about getting babies to sleep through the night is to treat them completely different during the day then at night. For example, feed in a quiet, dark room without any talking at night, and use only a specific kind of blanket, as well as make sure they are changed into pajamas, etc. During the day feed in brighter places that have sounds and you can talk to your baby. Make sure they are changed into “day clothes.” All these differences helps them learn night from day. The woman who told me had 7 kids and they all slept through the night within a few weeks. Again, I don’t have kids, but it might work.

Congratulations again on your new family of three!!!

The Moore Family said...

He is so cute!!! Can't wait to see him in October.

The Hammer's said...

Congrats! That is so fun. He is a doll. There is no feeling quite like becoming a new mom. I'm glad all is well. Now just waiting for my little one to come.

Lexie said...

He is darling Michelle! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to get our little guy here now!

The Staples Fam said...

Congrats Michelle! I'm glad everything worked out.. he is so cute and so tiny! I'm sure you are a fabulous mom.. I'm so excited for you!

Lindsey said...

Congrats! He is so adorable. Even though its hard at first, just enjoy every minute. They grow up way to fast. You are an awesome mom!

Sara said...

Oh how exciting! I loved reading all the fun details! That's so funny that he is so small when they just thought he would be huge:)Hang in there- you will be super tired and nursing will be quite tricky for the first little bit (for me it took 6 weeks to get it down) but it does get easier!!! Congrats!

Mike and Jill said...

He is so cute! Is his hair blonde? Congrats and you will adjust soon. Have fun and enjoy it because it really goes so fast! You can always call if you need anything!!

Annette said...

He is so dang CUTE!! I am so happy for you two. You guys will be the best mommy and daddy ever!!
Kenzie

Unknown said...

Hey Mrs. Sager! He is so cute! I am so happy for u!


- Sabrina