Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our little Beeno!



That is the classic Kade face! He always gives us a look like, "What are you guys doing with me?" Kade LOVES to be swaddled and I think he looks like a Bean Burrito so I nicknamed him 'Beeno'. I have made up so many funny Beeno songs to him. I know everyone says that when babies smile that it's just like gas or something at this age...but I don't believe it ;)...every time I sing him a Beeno song he always smiles at me!
Kade's room...except we don't even use it for anything but sun tanning. His cradle and everything else is in our room. He loves to sun bathe, especially with Grandma Davis. He skin color looks a lot better now.
I always thought it was funny how mom's always thought their kid was smarter, cuter, stronger, and funnier than other kids....well, I am probably already WORSE than all those moms! Ha Ha, seriously this little guy is so dang funny. He likes to do tummy time and he has such a strong head. It's not a bobble head at all. I think he might start crawling next week!

My mom and I had to rush to the store to get him some preemie outfits to fit him because most his newborn ones were too big even. We were dying at this shirt because I always like to call him my hungry hippo. He eats like a champion now. I am anal mom and like to record every feeding time for when I start and end. And I record the times of his wet and dirty diapers. It helps me so much because if he starts to get fussy, I know if it's time to eat, or something else. I think that Heavenly Father knew that I needed a really good baby that I could handle because he truly is so darn easy (hope I am not jinxing myself...it's only been a week)...but he eats every 3 hours almost to do the dot. Now that we have a better schedule worked out and we are learning things about how to adjust to each other he really doesn't fuss at all.
This pic is my all time favorite. He is folding his arms ready to say a prayer.
He's not a big fan of his baths yet...we just LOVE his hair after the bath because it feels all fluffy like a duck and he smells so good! Nate loves to smooch him!
We had the funniest night the other night. Kade went through 3 PJ's in an hour!
1st...poop explosion out the sides of his diaper because we forgot to pull the little tabs on his legs out
2nd...he peed all over the night gown that we had sitting there ready to change him into...not to mention the pee that got all over my face. We were laughing so hard! We just bought a little pee guard thing from Babies R Us that is prevents that from happening again. It took us about 5 sprays in the face and his before we learned.
3rd...After I got done feeding him...some how he peed through the last diaper and jammies. We were almost crying laughing so hard.

Okay Nate...he's a keeper. We aren't throwing this one back!

Grandpa Davis gave Kade this dog right when we found out we were having a baby at Christmas time. He can't wait to meet the rest of his family. I am starting to calm down a little bit about everything. I kinda over did it a few of the days and just wanted to start getting back into the swing of things. Today I decided I'd be good and just try to relax!


17 comments:

The Williamson's said...

I agree he is THE CUTEST!!!! I spent a good 20 mins looking at these pictures over and over again. I'm so glad he is a good baby and that feedings and everything is getting easier :) Give him a kiss for me!

Precious Cargo said...

HE IS SO CUTE, BUT AS A CRAZY MOM OF COURSE MY BOYS ARE THE CUTEST, HA HA HA. I AM SO GLAD HE IS A GOOD BABY YOU DESERVE IT AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL ARE ADJUSTING JUST FINE. HE IS DANG CUTE,CHERISH THOSE TINY BABY MOMENTS THEY ARE GONE IN A FLASH! CONGRATS AGAIN!

Karl & Leslie said...

He is darling! I hope my baby is as good has yours.

Holly Woolsey said...

He's so cute! You're doing a great job Michelle!

The Grimmett's said...

I'm glad things are getting better! I love all of the pics of him and his room is adorable!

Jeff and Brandi said...

I love the mister man. He is so cute. The room turned out adorable. I'm glad things are settling in. We'll hopefully be able to come down and visit soon!

stacey said...

okaay...your little beeno is sooo cute! Congrats! The three of you look soo happy and we wish you the best! Enjoy every little second cause I just can't get over just how dam fast it all goes! REALLY! I hated hearing that when I was your age..but it's so true! Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy all the little things! Peeing in your face, now that's priceless!
Love,
Rick & Stacey Blymiller

Marisa Jean said...

Babies have no shame. Sometimes I wish I could just go to the bathroom whenever I wanted to. He's adorable!

The Balls said...

Congrats! Sorry it took me so long to respond to your text and comment on your little guy. We were on a cruise and you have really have no outside communication! He is so cute and it sounds like you are getting the hang of things! I can't wait to meet that little guy! You look absolutely fabulous for just having a baby! Way to go guys, you did good!

l&slittle said...

So cute!

Britney said...

He is already a stud! I don't doubt that he could be crawling next week with you crazy athletic people as parents! He sounds like a blast! Congratulations!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

You probably don't remember me but I met you once at Shelley & Caleb's.. anyway I just wanted to say congrats and he is adorable. I love reading your blog because you're always so positive and fun! I hope you don't mind me peaking in from time to time.

Lexie said...

He is so dang cute! Somebody gave me that same little hippo onesie. so cute. ha

crazymamma said...

WOOOT! he is sooo dang cute and it is soo cute seeing you and nate and daddy and mommy! u two are adorable! i am soo glad things are going good...cherish these times...they grow soo fast out of the newborn stage...i soo wish i could visit him! he is adorable!

The McBrides said...

He's so stinkin' cute! I am so happy for you guys, arn't babies so fun?!! We have to come by now things have settled, your little family makes me smile with all those pics!

Gary & Julie said...

What a sweet little guy! Can't wait to meet him=) We love you guys...sounds like you're doing great!!! Hey can you e-mail me your address so I can send him a little gift? love you guys!

Annette said...

I miss you too! We accutally just moved up to Spanish fork(right by provo and orem.) i wish i could see Kade he looks so dang cute.
kenzie