Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Say what?

Kade has always been a jabber mouth, but he has recently discovered he can scream. Not cry, just yell. And yell. And yell. He yells while he plays with toys,in the car, all through church (oh I got my first diry look in Relief Society last week. I think some women forgot what it was like to have kids not old enough for nursery, but too old to sit on your lap quietly. I guess she didn't think his yell is as cute as I think it is.) It's not always a mad yell....most of the time it is a happy yell. I think he just loves to hear the sound of his voice. We pretty much have to be gone most of the days because Nate has to sleep during the day.

Also, I need a little nap help. (yes, again) Kade thinks he only needs one nap a day. It's fine by me but he just gets sooo tired and grumpy in the afternoon. I put him down every afternoon and he will not go to sleep for the life of him. He will stand and yell in his crib for 45 min even. He will be rubbing his eyes and I can tell he is pooped but no nap. Hmmmmm. Is this normal? Should I keep trying to put him down in the afternoon? Some good news is we finally found a sippy cup that he likes! It's so funny that he won't use any other brand and throws it if I try. The kicker is he will only drink water from the sippy. I have given him juice and Gatorade from a cup and he loves it....try to put it in the sippy and he throws it. He is also going through this OCD eating stage where he will not touch food. He just opens his mouth and puts his hands to the side for me to give him every bite. He sometimes will tentatively put his finger out to touch the food and then he gets a creeped out look on his face and removes his hand as fast as he can. It cracks me up. Feeding takes so long because he still won't drink a bottle and now won't even feed himself crackers. I am bad and take him to get french fries at Wendy's for lunch just about every day. He loves them (yes, he won't even touch his finger to a fry) I figure fries can make me fat so we may as well see if it works for my little guy! Sometimes I think if babies didn't have to eat or sleep I would have 12 of them :)

I hope this post doesn't sound negative. I just get worried that I am not doing it right and I want whats best for my little man. I made the mistake of peeking online about how much they are "supposed" to be eating and sleeping at this age. I went months without looking online or reading any books until this whole "I don't want to nap or eat" stage. I guess it's good to blog this stuff so one day Kade can read it and he will find out that parents don't know what they are doing all the time. :)

On the postivite note we have a lot to look forward to this next month.We are going camping over the 4th with Nate's fam. I will be back for one day just in enough time to unpack and pack for St. George Mother Daughter weekend with my mom, her sisters and their daughters. Then back to AZ for a few days to unpack, pack, pick up Nate, and then head up to SLC and camp with my fam at Bear Lake. I am SOOO looking forward to being around family and friends. Sure beats being home alone so much with Nate sleeping days and working nights. Kade can't wait to see everyone too! Hopefully I will see most of you soon in good ole Utah!

8 comments:

The Ivins Gang said...

Are you going to come through Blanding to got to SLC? We think you should. It is the same distance from anywhere you go. Going through vegas, or page or through Blanding. Same DISTANCE!!!! We would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE did I mention LOVE for you to come stay a night or even go to lunch. Let me know. By the way...you haven't called me back ya nerd! LOL... love ya!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I know I'm a total stalker.. sorry. BUT I just had to say that I think you are doing great! It seems like once we start to figure our kids out they change all over again, making it hard to really know what the heck is going on. I say just do what's best for you.

He is adorable by the way!

The Grimmett's said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are coming to St. George! My kids will have someone to play with! Maisey is a great little mommy, she would LOVE Kade!

Figuring out kid's sleep cycles is one of the hardest thing about being a mommy! :(

The Moore Family said...

That sounds like fun. I didnt' know you were heading to St. George when will you be down? Are you staying at Grandma's? Don't stress with Kade it will all work out. Trust me the more kids you have the more relaxed you become. Just trust in your insticts and things will be fine.

Jeff and Brandi said...

I love him. Enough said.

The McBrides said...

Ahhh, he is too cute! I say he gets whatever he wants he is so cute! Are you guys going to bear lake that crosses into Idaho? My whole family will be there at the end of this month, I can't go...preggers, but it's the best!

Annalisa said...

A lady in my branch was giving her testimony on sunday and in the middle of the testimony a child started crying. She stopped speaking and then said, I won't speak if others are speaking or making noise and stopped talking until the young mother took her child outside. I was shocked...talk about christ like love. you are an amazing mother....enjoy the vacation!!! i wish i could have made it to the alumni game....

Marisa Jean said...

Your version of negative, and my version are VERY different. I didn't think this was a negative post at all. I really think that women forget how hard it is to keep your kids quiet--maybe you should remind them. Have fun on all your vacations.