Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tener!

I have been so busy lately that I have been neglecting my blog…NOT! I have been in a bit of a social funk this past month. We have done lots with our lil family of three….but I think it’s been a forever since we’ve done stuff with friends or had anyone come over. My house is a disaster and motherhood really kicks my butt sometimes. I LOVE being a mom, just DON’T LOVE being a housewife :). When I have lots of time on my hands I tend to waste tons of it. I think I do a lot better when I have a set schedule and I for some reason get lots more accomplished the busier I am. So sorry to friends in family if I have been a hermit lately...I am thinking I might come out of my cave soon. Like maybe when the world cup is over and I don’t watch game after game when Kade naps…or when it’s not 100 degrees outside every day. I am looking for a part time job where I only have to work less than 20 hrs a week, no holidays, or weekends (uh, does that exists???)just something to get me out of the house a little bit, but not where I have to miss out on too much with my little man. Hopefully I can get into coaching soccer again or even just a church calling (never thought I would ask for one of those).  So anyways, this is a bit of a update of what we've been doing in good ole AZ.

Kade's last day of swim lessons is tomorrow. I have had a blast doing this with him! He mostly just likes to wave and laugh at the other kids and could care less about the swimming part. I had Nate be the bad guy when it was time to learn to go underwater. Kade hated that part! So mommy was the good guy and let him keep one of the toys out of the swim lessons bucket. Don't tell.
The only way we can convince him to jump off the side is to show him a toy.
And of course we've been fishing. We go at least once a week because Kade is starting to really like it now.  He can't get enough of patting the fish and giggling at them!
10 MONTHS!!!! Kade just turned 10 months yesterday!
Favorites:
That darn black monkey is Kade's best friend in the whole world. It is like his Linus blanket. I kid you not it goes EVERYWHERE with him. It cracks us up and is the cutest thing in the world to see him so attached to it. He puts himself to sleep by patting it on his face. We can't take a single car ride without it, and he drags it around the house with him. Kade hates blankets. I try to tuck him in at night and he kicks it right off. He doesn't want the blanket to even touch him....why would he need a blanket for comfort when he has his monk?

This is by far is favorite toy yet. He uses it as a walker and pushes it around the house.

Project Fattening up:
His doctor really wants me to try to fatten up this boy. At 9 months he went down to the 3rd percentile for weight. Don't worry we are now at the 94th percentile for head though :0. And then the 6th for height which can be expected for a family of shorties. He still will not take a bottle at all. He is getting better at a sippy cup but won't drink anything out of it besides water. Whole milk? nope. Chocolate milk? no. All different juice? no way. Formula? not on your life. Also, he is really not interested in nursing more than twice a day. So I have been putting formula into everything he eats to try to add more calories. He's not a big fan of the taste but it mixes okay into the yogurt and fruit. Feedings are like war because he would love to just eat cookies instead. Can't say I blame him.

I really am loving this stage and get such joy in watching him learn and grow. Every time he waves he makes me smile. I love watching him explore and destroy my house. He gets so excited with books now and kisses the babies in them. Nate doesn't like when he kisses the boy babies :) He loves other kids so much. The ladies in Relief Society watch him crawl around every where and get into everything and they say I am in for it with him. One older lady was watching him interact with the other babies and said he was the ring leader of the group. He is my busy boy for sure but I am glad he keeps me on my toes. We love you little Kader!

5 comments:

Meesha said...

Too cute, Mich! It's so funny how you haven't changed a bit. I can hear you talking in your blog...I love it! You live in AZ now? Where? Don't feel bad, I'm attached to the TV right now too-I don't even wait for my baby to sleep, I just watch the World Cup constantly; she's still young enough not to move around though-and I secretly think she likes the action herself.

Sam and I traveled a ton-no kids and married 4 years equals play! This summer is a whole new story and we are lame-o's staying at home. It's a new and exciting change.

Marisa Jean said...

What a fun age! I cannot comprehend having a child that doesn't want to eat because I feel like mine is permanently attached to my chest. Guess that's an age difference issue.

Good luck on finding the job and keep the posts coming! I love hearing the updates.

Unknown said...

Kade is so big. He is adorable. I can't wait to see him. I'm soooo excited your coming into town. I haven't seen you forever, I miss you! I'll be in town when you come so call me when you get here and we will meet up. I have a new 435 number so let me know if you don't have it.

Andrus Family said...

10 months....where did they go?? I'm hear to tell ya, these days are flying by. Glad you're loving your little man.

Nick and Amera said...

You crack me up! I too love being a mom, but the house wife part...ummm yeah, can you just hire me a maid??? seriously. When am I going to see you again?? I miss your cute face! keep on posting because you keep me laughing and I love it! love you!