Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Campin out


 Our friends the Lemieux's invited us on a camping trip last weekend. It was SO nice to wear a sweatshirt. We went up to the North Rim and left the desert behind us. We are still hitting temperatures over 100 degrees in the valley.  It was a really fun trip and Mark's parents brought up their trailer which was great for all the kids to run around and play in. I can't say it was our most successful camping trip cause Kade blew out of 4 outfits in one morning! He was teething and apparently got some nice runs to go with it. I think I got about 20 min of sleep during the night. I guess I should just plan on it when we are on vacation. Kade sleeps like a champ in his crib, but has a hard time else where. I successfully made my first peach cobbler. I have eaten that stuff over a million time and never tried to make it in my own dutch oven.

Kade would stand like a statue until I would pick him up because he didn't like walking on the uneven ground. He definitely had no time rolling around in it and making rock piles though. He is such a boy :)

So I think I am done fishing for a while. I know I have said this before...but I used to love it when we went about once a month...but this once a week stuff is to much for me. I guess I am not cut out to be a fisherman's wife. Gone are the days when Kade slept in his car seat and I read my book while Nate fished. Now it is stressful making sure Kade doesn't dive in the water (which he tries) and he refuses to wear his life jacket so I tie it to his shorts (does that even count??) I feel bad to ditch out cause it is always been our family thing...but I think it will be better when Kade is bigger and can go with his Dad.  I am have a feeling next week you'll see more fishing pics though, I always give in!

This is obviously not from our camping trip...but look at the grin :) This little man has me wrapped around every one of his fingers.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nick and Amera said...

LOOK. AT. YOUR. CUTE. BELLY!!! SO SMALL AND YET NOTICABLE. I LOVE YOU!