Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

IT"S A BOY!

We finally know! I was SO nervous going into my apt. the anticipation was killing me. Nate really thought we were having a girl...and I was dying to have a girl (I am a sucker for those huge bows) But I truly didn't feel like it was. Nate and I have both loved the name Zoey for a while, and that is what we are planning on naming our girl. I kept telling my mom "I just don't think it's Zoey yet...maybe it's a girl, and I just shouldn't name her Zoey because for some reason I don't think it's her".... well, I didn't listen to my intuition much because I bought a bunch of cute little girl stuff! When we found out it was a boy, I wasn't disappointed right away. I was mostly so glad that everything looks healthy so far. I was shocked to see that he is in the 97th percentile on weight, size, head, and all his measurements! They will either move my due date up, or I might be having a tank! YIKES. When Nate and I lay in bed at night I started to get a little sad about not having a girl. The next day at school I was browsing online at boy "stuff" and I began to get more and more excited. It's been a few days since then and now I can honestly say that I can't be more happier that it is a boy! I can't explain the love that has grown inside of me for this little (I mean "big") guy. I am tearing up right now while I am journaling this. We have already decided on a name, Kade Nathan Sager. I love him so much and can't wait for him to join our family. Nate and I get SO happy thinking about playing with him on a little tyke basketball hoop, playing at the park, teaching him to catch and throw, kick a soccer ball, his first fish he catches, and reading him silly stories. We are already looking for his first pair of cleats! I had a great time surprising my class at school when I told them what I was having. They all just KNEW it was going to be a boy. There reason was because I like sports :)....My ultrasound was after school on the 31st leaving the next day to be April Fools Day. I told my class when they were lining up to come in that the ultrasound machine was broken and we can't find out till next week. They about died because they were just as pumped as me to find out. I had already decorated the classroom with blue crepe paper and had a big banner up. They were so glad when they came inside to see it. It made for a really fun day.
Kade was so proud to show us that he is a boy. Not bashful at all.... that's my boy!

13 comments:

crazymamma said...

YEAH!! i am soo excited for you! I am a little byast(i cant spell that word) but i love boys! i am soo glad i have my two boys and they are soooo much fun! You are going to be the best mommy ever and just think that now little dylan will have a little home boy cousin to play and beat up! woohoo! YEAH for boys!! And another reason why boys are soo awesome..well boys you only have one little penis to worry about...girls on the other hand..you have everyones elses to worry about!! hahahaha Congrats again!

3 Men & a Lady said...

HOORAY!!!! Boys are seriously SO much fun! I LOVE the name Kade too. It's always been one of my faves. It's so exciting when you find out and makes everything so much more real. CONGRATS!

Tim and Brittney said...

I cried when I found out I was having a boy too! But I'm so glad I had a boy first! They have such a different personality than girls, and Conner is just what I needed in my life! When Kade gets here he will just steal your heart away! They are so sweet! Your going to be a great mom!

Nate and Suzanne said...

Congrats that is so exciting you will be really glad that you have a little man first.... Boys are a ton of fun and they will definitely keep you on the go you remember how much energy Gage has well it is doubled since then.... As for girls they are pure drama but so fun to have next time you will have one....
Good Luck and hope your pregnancy is going good...
Take care...

Marisa Jean said...

It's Marisa Killpack (Larsen, now), and I found your blog from Annie's. A boy! YAHOO! I actually want a boy first, even though, like you, I'm a sucker for those bows the size of the kids head. Just think of this, he'll be a protector--and with the sound of his size, that role will be fitting for him! :) Congratulations!

Reagan Family said...

Oh Michelle! I love that you are having a boy. I love having boys, I also hate the big bows so maybe that is why! Just kidding!! But seriously it is just as easy to shop for a boy as it is a girl...okay maybe girls are little easier but there is still cute boy stuff out there. Little Kade is going to be a riot and I can't wait to see him!! So here is to hoping they bump up your due date! We love you guys! See you soon!!

Andrus Family said...

Well I couldn't be happier that you're having a boy so our little guys can be best buds!! And how lucky are you if you get your due date moved up....I'm totally jealous!! Miss you!

Rachel said...

HOORAY!!! I think it is awesome you are haivng a boy!! I think every family needs a Big brother and that is what Kade gets to be!!!! I am so excited to meet him! Congrats!

Nick and Amera said...

Oh boy!!! boy is right!!! I can full on relate! I thought for sure I was pregnant with a girl and I KNEW it was a girl from the begninig. When I found out I was preg with a boy (mccoy) I about died with so much dissappointment. I didnt think the boy stuff was cute or fun.....I was such a bum! As soon as I started BUYING things though, having a boy was way more fun and I wouldnt have changed it. Now that I have a boy as my first born Im way more happy with that than a girl first. I dont know I think big brothers are much needed..... and having a boy first ROCKS! You will LOVE IT! A boy is perfect for you and trust me, after having just one, you will want more and more boys..... not dissing on girls but BOYS ARE FUN! jumping, climbing, running, kicking, growling, hugging and laughing..... dont worry you will NOT ever turn back! having a boy first is awesome! Love you!! Glad things are going well I cant wait to hear how things go from here on out!

The Williamson's said...

Well well well Mr Kade, you are a BOY!!! That is the best shot of a boy I have ever seen LOL. I am so excited for you guys. I hope they move your due date :)

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh Michelle! I love it that you are having a boy...and your girl will come one day too! Love the name, so cute! And how fun you totally got your class! I can just imagine how excited they were for you to find out! Way to think quick!

Lexie said...

congrats! That's so exciting. I can't wait to find out what I'm having...for some reason I think it's a boy. ha so we'll have to see if my intuition is right.

Sara said...

Taht is so exciting! It's funny cuz I it's not that I never wanted a boy, but I just wasn't dying to have one. But now that we have Parker I feel like I would die without him! Funny how these things work:)congrats!