Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Mac and Cheese! and a forever summer!

What in the WORLD am I doing up...yes it is almost 3 in the morning. Does anyone else have a window of opportunity for sleep? I feel like if I pass that tiredness, then I just CAN'T fall asleep. Maybe it has something to do with me being fat and can't focus on sleep cause I keep thinking about how good Macaroni and Cheese sounds. Of course I tried to eat a few other things, but it didn't cut it (I should've known and just made it in the first place!) To make matters worse, half our crap is still in boxes and the Kraft just happened to be buried away. I am digging around in boxes in the garage at 1:30 am. Nate is working tonight is dying that he is still getting texts from me this late. It's now 3:30 am...yes still up! I thought the whole "nesting" thing was a bunch of crock...but here I am folding baby clothes in Kade's room in the middle of the night. HELP, I have gone nuts!So I just made a pretty life changing decision this weekend. My friend let me borrow a book called "Baby Wise". I was starting to get a little nervous that I have no idea what to do with a baby. I don't have a hospital bag packed. And it seems like everyone keeps asking me questions about how I am going to do this or that... and I have no clue what they are talking about. So last Friday I pulled another late night and stayed up the whole stinkin night reading that crazy book. It started to make me freak a little. I called Nate at work and was asking how in the world am I ever going to get a baby on a schedule when I am at work full time. Plus I still didn't know what I was going to do about a full time babysitter. I was also worried about starting out the year when I can hardly walk. I had so set in my mind that I was going to teach one more year to help us financially. Nate is now working full time, but he is continuing his education, and we just bought the house. Well, LONG story short.......I am going to be a stay at home mom. It was a weekend FULL of prayers, and freaking out, and more prayers trying to decide what to do. I was SOOOO nervous to call my principal because school starts in less than a week! YES I am crazy! I hated to do that do them at the last min...but it just felt so right and it still does. I thought that after it sunk in what I did that I would start to have second thoughts. But I can't be more excited about it. I already love this little guy SO SO MUCH and I just hated the thought of leaving him with someone else. I am going to start subbing and teaching aerobics again when i recover to help us out. But we both think it will definitely be worth the financial sacrifice for me to be home. It's so weird to think that I have already taught 4 years of school and now I am just done for a while. I don't know if Nate loves the idea that we have to now go take down my classroom when our garage isn't even all the way unpacked yet. Hey, at least we already have boxes! I am so grateful to Nate to support, and encourage me to make this decision. We were really worried about how the stress of both of us working full time, Nate going also going to school full time, and having a new baby was going to do to us. I feel HORRIBLE that I had to all of a sudden think about this a week before school starts, but we had to do what was best for our family. I guess it was better now than half way into the year. So I guess I am going to have to step up my game as a housewife. If that is going to be my job now, then I better learn to cook and clean and take care of a child or I am going to get shipped back to school.

12 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

I love this post. You don't know how much I needed it. Me and my husband argue about me being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom all the time. I have worked for so long that it terrifies me to stay at home, and how our financial situation would change. But this post kind of made me take a step back and think of how much better for my kids it would be. You've got me thinking...that's never a good thing...

And you know what, last minute decisions are made all the time. I figure jobs will come and go, but your family and integrity live with you forever. Way to be strong and go with what you believe in and not do thinks just to appease others. I'm impressed!

Reagan Family said...

I promise you will not regret that choice. Well some days you might. :) For real though...regardless of money and anything else Kade and you guys being happy is what matters most. And they are only little for such a small time that you don't want to miss out on it. In this world that is such a tough decision to make and you will be blessed for making it I promise! Plus now we can actually get to see each other! Love ya

The Grimmett's said...

That is so awesome that you were brave enough to make that decision! Kade will be lucky to stay with you all day!

Clarissa B. said...

Hooray!! I'm so happy for you! :)

Rachel said...

Good for you! It is such a blessing to be with your kids! I am glad you had the courage to do it!

(even though I am anti-babywise, HAHA)

love ya!
Rach

l&slittle said...

Mich you are hilarious! That's awesome that you get to stay home with your baby, it's the best! Just a little FYI no one knows what the heck they're doing the first time around! But someway it works out! So best of luck to you, you're going to be an awesome mom!

Unknown said...

I am happy for you! That has always been my dream but I don't think we will be able to financially. Miss you!!!

~Meghan

The Fast Family said...

I am so happy for you Michelle. That is seriously the greatest news ever. Being a stay at home Mom really is the best. Being able to teach them and seeing them experience new things, and doing things for the first time is awesome. Can't wait to meet the little guy. You are going to be a great Mommy.

Nick and Amera said...

Michelle,
First off, you are hillarious! I loved the mac and cheese bit....you are just how I was, I was up all night cause I had cravings and mostly cause I couldnt sleep. I was more tired during the day than at nights for sure.
I want to tell you, you will not regret being a stay at home mom. I know the sacrifice is super hard and sometimes I GO NUTS being at home all day.....not just sometimes, ALL THE TIME. Financially it is the HARDEST choice we've made, its such a struggle, but you will find blessings in it. Babies, your kids grow up too fast and for you to not be there to capture the moments of thier first moves or smiles will hurt you. You being the mother of your kids, they need YOU to teach them and be there for them when they get a boo-boo. Having a babysitter is expensive, so having yoru pay check go towards a sitter defeats the purpose when your the one that could stay home. Anyway, you will not regret it. Remember, WE had children to raise not for someone else to raise.
I love you, I think you are darling. I miss you lots! Im happy to hear things are going well. Keep up your faith and the Lord will provide. if You want an awesome book to help your little boy get on a good sleep schedule, get "Healthy sleep habbits, healthy child." I think thats what its called. I still swear by it to this day. it really helps. Good luck and if you need anythig at all, im not a genius but I can help answer questions :) Love you!!

Sara said...

Yea! When I read that you decided to be a stay at home mom I got chills I was so excited for you!! After I had Samantha I worked just 12 hours a week for only 2 months and I HATED being away from her. I know that some moms have to work or even prefer to work- but I just feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my precious ones every day! You are going to be the best mom and Kade is so lucky to have you all to himself:) Oh and nesting is so not made up! At least it forces us to get organized before the little one comes right?! Oh and it was hard for us to imagine how we will handle finances with me staying home while Tommy is in school not working and racking up so much debt. But we figure there is no greater reason than raising your family to go into debt. It has definitely been worth the sacrifice for us. So happy for you!

Tim and Brittney said...

I'm so excited for you Michelle! And really no one knows what their doing at first! I still dont know! And if baby wise overwhelms you, dont worry! It is very extreme, just take from it what you feel comfortable with, and what you think is best for you and your baby. Linds said that she did baby wise with Cody, and felt like she didnt enjoy him as much because she was always so worried about him being on schedule. And with Katelyn she didnt do it, and she actually was sleeping through the night better than Cody did! Good luck with everything! You will do so great!

The Balls said...

Your are so cute! Let me just say the late nights don't go away post baby, sometimes that is the most peaceful time. I agree on the stay at home mom business. I have worked the last couple of years and we finally decided that is was just time for me to be home. The decision felt so right and we have so much peace that we too know the financial cut will be well worth it! Now I sometimes have guilt for not quitting sooner (though I am not officially done until October). Good for you! BTW you will be a great mom!