Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Lake Trip...

First Trip to the Lake!!! Okay...so this will be a story to remember for us. Nate and I started looking online for speciality life jackets for babies. We were disappointed to find out that they don't make them for 2 week old babies (I wonder why??) We decided that Kade and I would just hang out while Nate fished. It would be nice to have a little family adventure and get out of the house...or so I thought :) Our truck is tiny and with the car seat in there I had to straddled the stick shift and squeeze in the middle on the hour ride. It was still 108 in the evening so I thought me and the baby could sit in the car. I brought a book and some thank you cards to work on. Let's just say I read one page, and didn't complete any cards. Here are some of the things that happened that trip.
-I forgot my precious Boppy so I had to cover some life vests with a blanket to help me feed Kade.
-I haven't mastered changing a baby in a small truck yet without getting poop on everything (sorry Nate)
-The sun finally went down so I thought I'd take Kade on a walk
-The bats and bugs came out at night. A bat flew at into my head..Yes I freaked!
-I was trying to cover Kade but it was still so hot.
-So we get back into the truck for air conditioning. The truck wouldn't start
-I go sit in a camping chair on shore while trying to cover the baby from bugs but fan him from the heat, when I suddenly see a wild animal. I swear it was a bobcat or mountain lion. Nate says it was probably a bunny ;)
-I thought it would be safer to sit in the pickup of Nate's truck to put us on higher ground. We had to be out of reach of the ferocious animal that was lurking nearby! I had to balance holding Kade and throwing my chair in the back of the truck.
-I occasionally would yell Nate's name, thinking maybe somehow the wind would catch my voice right and he could hear me across the lake on his boat to come rescue us.
-Low and behold Nate finally came to check in. He was laughing to see us sitting on his truck. He fixed the car and we got to sit safe and sound in the truck while Nate finished fishing. Moral of the story...maybe we should wait till Kade is a little older before we take him to the lake agian. Or next time I will just make sure I am packing some heat to take care of the bats and mountain lions!




Little Aspyn Ivins was born a week after Kade. We can't wait for them to be best buddies. She is so darling. I am a little jealous because she sleeps through the night, and my chunky monkey is bitin at the bit to eat every 2 hours all day and all night.


We were laughing so hard at him in this chair. He looks like a little old man. I can't believe he already likes his Bumbo chair.


Lovin the double chin in this shot!

We are teaching him early which teams he is aloud to cheer for. He is going to half to cheer extra hard for the Broncos this year, because I think they are going to need all the help they can get. Kade told me he is already a die hard Dodger fan so we don't have to worry about that!

Sometime in the middle of the night...I think that he is afraid of the dark because he likes the lights to be on while he sleeps. Also he likes noise, last night we kept the TV on all night in our room. I was so tired that I was able to sleep through it. Sports Center all night baby!



We love this little man!

8 comments:

Jeff and Brandi said...

Super cute pics. i love him. He is so cute. The lake trip sounded a little bit like a disaster! but hilarious nonetheless.

Clarissa B. said...

oh michelle! he is so adorable! What a sweetheart! I have to meet him! and that hilarious about the lake trip. haha but i bet it felt good to get out of the house!

CGray said...

What a fun adventure for you guys and Kade! Congratulations to the both of you. It was good to see you at Costco especially since I got to see the little guy.

Take care Sager family!

Christi Gray

crazymamma said...

ok that is the coolest story EVER! i was laughing soo hard! u poor thing...just wanted to get out and have funa nd if everything could go wrong it did...that is halirous about the mt lion...i would have thought the same thing...and my hubby would have said the same thing nate did about the bunny..tooo funny! kade is sooo adorable! and btw you look SMOKIN!!! seriously u look soo good! i wish i looked that good after a baby! things will get easier..i promise....hang in there!

3 Men & a Lady said...

First of all, Kade is seriously the cutest thing ever!!!! I am so dang happy for you guys! Second of all, the lake was a total adventure and I think you handled it well! What a story to remember. :D

Annette said...

I have a little relation to the bat that flew into your head. We were at the park one night and a bird flew into my hair I freaked as well. It also stayed in my hair for about two minutes...my mom and I think we hurt it because it wouldn't fly afterwards. Woops! Luv, Kenzie

Marisa Jean said...

Love the story about fishing. I think there's a learning curve to everything and in no time you'll be changing diapers with your eyes closed without getting poop on anything. :)

I personally like that you manipulated the life jackets to be your feeding assistance. Genius!

Tim and Brittney said...

You are so funny Michelle! He is getting so big! What a cute kid