Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Red Head??

Nate the Great!

So the other night I was going on and on about something in the car and buggin Nate about this and that. He sits quite for a min after I ask him a question, and finally, calmly, responds... "You know what, sometimes I am so shocked that you weren't born a red head".  Even though I had a hunch on where he was going with it, I still asked him what in the world did he mean by that. Apparently he meant that I am a stubborn, spit-fire, free spirit, and easy to rile up girl. Nate is at work tonight and I am just missing him at home and hating the night shift. I am thinking a lot about him tonight and how amazing of a man that he is able to live with me, AND still love me despite my strong willed personality. You know you are full of it when your family tells you when you are younger that they kinda feel sorry for who has to live with me forever :) So this is gonna be a shout out post for my hubby and why I just love him sooo stinkin much!
-His humor. The other day I asked him to put a jacket on Kade so we could go on a walk....Kade came walking into the room with this "jacket" on. Nate didn't warn me of the joke he was playing and it made it all the better. I was DYING laughing

-He adores our son. Nate is a great father. He is very helpful to me and most of all he plays with Kade, and our son loves him so much for that.

-He knows how to take criticism without getting offensive. Always willing to work on things to make him better.

-Is never afraid to say sorry first.  Even if I am the one who started the fiasco.

-Patient with me to no end.

-He is punctual. He is calm.
-He is very helpful with chores around the house without ever being asked: He is our dishes doer, trash taker outer, mail getter, take the trash can to the curb man, payer of bills, lawn mower, weed puller, bug sprayer, and laundry starter.

-He never goes a day without telling me he loves me.
-Works hard at his job, even when he hates it. Works the night shift so I can stay at home with Kade.

-His passion for running.

-Nate spent his day off work helping me set up for our Young Womans Evening in Excellence without complaining at all.

I promised I wouldn't post this pic when I took it. I said it was just for me, but I couldn't resist. Thanks for teaching Kade your cooking skills!

-Embraces my motto on how to spend a Sunday afternoon....go to church, come home and watch football :)

-He is basically everything that I am not... I make him late, I don't admit when I am wrong, and I hate being told that I didn't do something right. If Nate doesn't feel good or is tired, then he just gets quite. Where as if I am tired, everyone suffers. I sometimes give him grief about him wanting to go fishing sooo much. But I am glad he is passionate about something, and that he can't wait to teach our boys to fish. I tell him that I would much rather sit and watch him play soccer than sit on the boat...but you know what, he doesn't complain when he watches me play the sport I love. Nate, I am going to try to be better! I love you so so much and am so lucky to have you as my husband and best friend. I like to think we balance each other out a little. I love that you are my sugar, and that I am your spice, and that we both wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

cute post Michelle. I knew where the redhead comment was going, I've got redhead blood. Everyone suffers ;) around us. I pretty much feel the same about my husband, too - so nice to have a helpful, involved daddy & having someone funny around for forever - sounds perfect to me!

Andrus Family said...

Awww, that was such a sweet post! And you're dead on about balancing each other out, and that's why you're perfect for each other! A read head....that made me laugh out loud! :)

Lori and Trevor said...

I love reading your blog! You are so funny. and to answer your question. We dont currently go to a play group. Do you guys? i dont really know of any. but we do need to get together. Do the lemieux's still live around here? i want to see her cute little baby too. When are you due?