Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Zoo Day


I think I have blogged before about my feelings for the Zoo. I am not really a big fan. I think it would be a lot cooler if you could ride the giraffe than to just stare at it. Now that Kade is getting older he is really into animals and the nosies that they make.  I was able to get us some free passes from the public library for the Phoenix Zoo and we couldn't pass that up. It is definitely more fun when it's free and you don't feel like you have to stay all day and stare at every animal to get your money's worth. The petting zoo was by far the hit for Kade (I guess he doesn't like just staring at animals either) The goats were a hit again.  Kade found a stick that he decided would make the perfect whacking device. He really let the goats have it. Nate and I thought it was hilarious until a lady came in and reprimanded him, then we had to act like we were concerned for the goats. You would've thought we took a million bucks from the poor kid, he screamed bloody murder when we took his stick away.


I have to put a plug in for Arizona winters in case anyone wants to come visit us. It was 77 degrees today! Nate didn't have a T-shirt under his sweatshirt and he was really hot. Nothing like a sunny day on December 1st. Oh, and PS. the monkey's were the funniest monkey's I had ever seen. They were so active. We sat and watched them and laughed out loud for a long time. Kade wished we could take one home.

Kade's first carousal ride.  He thought he was really funny at first, but about half way through the ride he wasn't so sure about it and did a fake laugh with a nervous face...it was to die for.

 
Kade thinks anything with a beak quacks like a duck.  It is so funny to hear him quack.  This duck in particular was not shy at all and came right up to us.  I gave Kade a piece of crust to throw at the duck, but the duck took initiative and jumped up and pecked it right from his fingers. He was so mad at the duck, again we couldn't stop laughing.  Our son is definitely a character.

Cleaning up after a fun day.

Do you think that boy has enough stuffed animals in his bed? Of course the Monkey is tucked in close by :) We love this little boy!

PS.. Notes for myself for 15 month check up earlier this week:
-Head: back to the 98% instead of over 100% :)
-Height: 33 in.   -Weight: 22 lbs
-Diapers: size 4  -Clothes: Size 18 month, but have to roll up the pants (he has long torso, short legs)
-Kade is going to start some eating classes at Primary Children's to see if that can help with his texture issues and eating strikes.  He used to gobble up everything and the last few months have been quite the struggle. Some days the only thing he will eat the whole day is a few Cheetos. He isn't teething or anything right now so they just want to observe him and go from there. Thank goodness for the pedi-sure from the McBrides so that he is still getting some calories.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Clarissa B. said...

This is so cute! I glad you guys had fun, poor boy, I'm sure he wasn't hurting the goats.

I want to hear more about your pregnancy!! Do you know the gender yet? You said in October you would know for sure in a few weeks, don't be such a tease, spill the beans!

Marisa Jean said...

I didn't know he was stuggling with texture issues. My gal hates, hates, hates peas or anything green for that matter. I think we're going to have a stuggle on our hands for veggies. Sigh.

And I laughed out loud about hitting the goats with a stick. A ton of our neighbors have goats that moan all day and night and I'd like to send Kade over there to whack them.

Andrus Family said...

Um, LOVING the rough rider picture!!

The McBrides said...
This comment has been removed by the author.