Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Heads!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING! We had a nice day at Nate's parents. I had made a comment to Kathy, my mother in law, about where my Thanksgiving hat was because last year she made everyone Pilgrim and Indian hats. Well also last year Nate's nieces and nephews were there. Being the creative lady she is, she hurried and made me a drumstick hat! In the mean time the stuffing burned because she was upstairs making my hat...I thought it was worth it.



Every year we run in the 10K Mesa Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. It is so much fun! They have this guy dress up in this actual turkey costume...I'm talking feathers...big old head...the whole works! I don't know how he runs in that thing. He runs pretty darn fast too and the goal is to beat the turkey. Of course Nate has beaten him every year and I haven't, so my goal was to do whatever it took to beat that darn turkey (I was considering tripping him if necessary) My it looks like luck was on my side this year because the turkey was slower than he's ever been and I barley beat him!

PS...take notice of the matching running pants...I wonder who's idea that was??? And I can't get that picture on the top to move down! Oopsy!





4 comments:

The Williamson's said...

I love the hat! I'm so bummed I couldn't talk Jeff into running the Turkey Trot this year. Oh well it was nice to sleep in. Good job on beating the turkey!!

Holly Woolsey said...

How fun Michelle! Love the hat! Way to go on the race.

Jeff and Brandi said...

Sounds like fun! Love the matching pants of course. Oh by the way. That game in your last post...so fun. My parents have one and we love to play it when we all get together. The countdown is on...see you in a few weeks.

3 Men & a Lady said...

You two have way too much fun together... I love it! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

P.S.
Nice butt!!!!