Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

Kade's Blessing


We had such a great weekend last week. We blessed Kade on Nov. 1st. I picked kind of a tough weekend it being the day after Halloween and we have 8 o'clock church. But I am glad to say that we did make it on time, barley! We had some drama getting a blessing outfit. Nate and I picked one that we liked, but it was very casual and borderline looking like pajamas. So my mom and Brandi went to look at a store in American Fork for one because we weren't having much luck here. My mom brought one down, they flew into AZ Friday night. I didn't even bother to try it on him because I thought it looked really cute..at least on the hanger. Saturday was fun...we took Kade to the park, my mom played with him on a blanket and Nate, my dad and I played some soccer and Frisbee. We went on a walk, watched some football, and got the food ready for the brunch after his blessing. Later in the evening we finally tried the outfit on him to see which shoes would look best. I was dying...he looked like a pilgrim in it! You know in second grade when you celebrate Thanksgiving and half the class dresses like a pilgrim, and the other half Indians.....well Kade really did look like a pilgrim. The collar looked funny on him and the shorts looked like old school cool'lots! My mom and I rushed to North Mesa to a Boutique. It was our last hope to find something. The place was about to close when we got there and the worker lady was floored that the blessing was tomorrow and we didn't have anything yet. I guess the lady just doesn't know the way I roll. We got the little shorts/tux outfit. It was the best choice by far. It was kinda shinny, but he looked like a little gentleman in it so we liked it. Sunday was great. Nate did an AMAZING job on the blessing. I was so proud of him. It was very emotional for me. I love both my boys more than anything in this world. I am so glad we can be a family forever. I can't believe I am so blessed to have this little spirit be my son. Yes, I am more tired than I have ever been in my life. Yes, I am in the worst shape of my life and feel like I am going to die after my soccer games. Yes, my lifestyle has changed so much and I am not able to be as carefree and active. But every bit of it is truly worth it. I love this baby Kade so much and he is my pride and joy. We were grateful that my parents were able to come to the blessing. And that Nate's could be there too. None of our brothers were able to make it, so we were also so grateful for the friends we have made down here that were able to come and support us on that day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Last minute or not, the outfit is perfect! I love it! :) Baby blessings are my absolute favorite thing to witness. Something is so special about new babies, and the blessings are such a gift from God. I'm so glad this was a great experience for you and your family.

The Grimmett's said...

He looks darling and you look good too! Glad you could find him an outfit in time!