Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

To La Jit To Quit

Before I tell about the billions of pics I just posted I first need to vent about my cooking skills (or lack there of) I decided to by a turkey cause they are so dang cheap around Thanksgiving. It wasn't one of my food assingments to bring for our dinner, but I just wanted to try making on for Nate and I. We just ate it a few hours ago and lets just say my throat will never be the same. For some reason by whole house smelled like a giant pretzel while it was cooking (don't ask me why!) I totally over cooked it...the stuff I used to make it moist formed this thick tar looking film on the bottom of my pan. It was so dry and nasty that it hurt to even swallow it. I have offically decided that I hate cooking and I will never be good at it. Nate tried to explain to me that cooking is a lot like sports, you can't just expect to be good..you have to practice and love it. Well I practice, I still suck, and I hate it :) Not to mention that I own over 25 cookbooks and the most outrageously expensive pots & pans ever...I keep buying these things thinking it will help and NOPE! If I ever become rich then the first thing I would do with my money is hire a full time chef so I never have to cook again. And if I ever become filthy rich, then I might even hire someone to feed me while I lay on my love sac. JK


Our Thanksgiving tradition is to run the Mesa 10 K Turkey Trot every year on Thanksgivng morning. We have LOVED doing this because you feel better about stuffing yourself crazy later in the day. It was so amazing to run together has a whole little family. We loved having Kade there. He did great! We forced a bottle down his mouth right before the race started so he would be content the whole time. He was cracking me up in those sweet shades. Nate and I made a mistake by wearing our awesome, matching running tights because it ended up being about 80 degrees and I was DYING of heat. Thank goodness Nate ran with me the whole time. I def held him back! We didn't walk at all but it still took us an hour and two min to finish. Not the best time for us, but I was just glad to start getting back into running. I would've taken longer if Nate didn't hang around me to drag my bum along!



GILBERT DAYS...
I absolutly love rodeos and carnivals! The town of Gilbert, where we live, has "Gilbert Days" every November. They have all sorts of events going on all week. We went with the Williamsons and had a great time


There is something about going on a 'Carni' ride that I just can't get enough of! You never know if the ride is going to totally fall apart or not because those rusty ole rides are taken apart...moved around... and hastely put back together all year long. It makes it that much more exciting for some freakish reason. I love all roller coasters and any ride. Kade loved looking at all the bright lights and noises.


Getting ready for Christmas...
I can't get enough of the Holidays. I love everything about this season. The smells, the music, eating other peoples baked goods, giving presents (yes, and getting), parties with friends and family, an excuse to drink endless ammounts of hot chocolate, and the fun traditions that we do every year. I love to kick off the season with a little Black Friday action. Shopping is a favorite hobby of mine, and especially the thought of getting a good deal. For the lack of brain cells I have right now because it's 11:30 pm on a Sunday night with no nap..and after torchering myself in the kitchen today...I won't get into all my funny/crazy black friday stories. But I did get most all my shopping done. And Nate and I got SWEET deals on bikes and a bike trailer for Kade. Yes, we have already ridden our bikes because we are like little kids and couldn't wait. I already wrecked on mine trying to show off.


Wishing you all a great start to the Holiday Season...Hope it's a good one!

6 comments:

Sara said...

hello super woman!!! I can't believe you just ran a 10K?! And in one hour! Ya that is way faster than I have ever and will ever run a 10K:) Oh and I LOVE the sonic story- you are awesome and so good to blog fun times like that so you will always remember them! You crack me up! Oh and how is Kade's colic lately? Luckily i think Hannah is finally growing out of it- lets hope she doesn't change her mind:)

Nick and Amera said...

Wow, you are amazing Michelle! I cant believe you dared to tackle a turkey! Not even I have done that and i've been married for 5 years alomost!! however, I did buy one and im going to shoot to cook it for christmas! yikes......
Anyway, your a spaz, thats what I love about you!!! looks like your doing great! im jealous you didnt have any post partum! whats my deal???? Love ya girl! jealous of the warm weather for christmas time! ahhh!!

Marisa Jean said...

I didn't know you live in Gilbert. When me and Jonny were engaged, he was working in Safford, AZ so I would fly down every other weekend and we spent a lot of time around Phoenix, Gilbert and Mesa. Such a pretty area. Can't imagine an 80 degree Thanksgiving, man. And I agree, you're a super-hero. Seriously, every time I read your blog I get pumped to get my butt in gear and do more with my life, but once the computer is turned off, that motivation goes away. Enjoy the holiday season!

The Balls said...

You totally crack me up! Do you have a jogging stroller for Kade? If not you seriously need to get one, it makes the whole running think a lot easier! You are so FUNNY! I can just picture you in the kitchen trying to cook and hating every second of it! Way to go on the 10k and you are looking good!!!

The Moore Family said...

That is great you did the race. Kade is getting so big and he is so stinkin cute. Keep working on the cooking thing it does get easier and better.

Jeff and Brandi said...

Ok so I think that kade is bigger than Dylan. He looks like he has grown a lot! The christmas countdown is on. We're excited to see you guys!