Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Little campers


Nate has such a funny schedule because he works a lot of weekends, and then has time off during the week. Well JJ had a week off of Medical School so we planned a camping trip during the week. It was so much fun! We love the Annie and JJ live in AZ. There 2 boys were so much fun and Kade loved them. Little Cole and Logan had the biggest vocabularies I have ever seen in such young kids. They cracked me up the whole time. There was an awesome park close at our campsite so it entertained the boys while Annie and I could chat. I am so glad that they could come with us.



We met the funniest/craziest old guy while we were camping. Of course his name was Bill. He didn't even remember how long he'd been camping at the Lake for! He was all by him self and loving every second of it. He had a sweet bass boat and took Nate and JJ out with him. I swear he is Nate's new hero. He fishes tournaments all over, he is a hunting guide, teaches fly fishing lessons, had crafts antler lamps and chandeliers. I got a glimpse of what Nate will be like in 30 years.


Nate was a bit of a strug on this trip. I really thinking I am wearing off on him....that isn't so good cause you have to have one person in the house that actually has a brain! Annie and I were having a hard time trying to get the dutch oven dinners ready while doing the kids too. It was getting dark and we needed some boy scouts to get the fire going. I called the men and "kindly" urged them to hurry and come back to camp. Nate accidentally left his boats trolling motor next to his truck because he was in a hurry...yep, it was gone the next day! :( So day 2 of camping the boys had to paddle in the boat. Nate's fishing pole got caught on a under water tree and while he was tugging it snapped right in half! Oh joy! Just what I was hoping we'd spend our tax return money on....new fishing stuff.



Kade LOVED the dirt! I would set him on a blanket and he would scoot over to the side so he could pat the dirt and pick up rocks. I was so proud! Now that he likes to rub dirt all over him and get it under his fingernails...he is a real man! Camping is a lot more difficult now with a little nugget. I am worrying the whole night if he is cold, making sure he doesn't get sun burned in the day, always checking if he is too close to the fire, and making sure the surrounding campers don't hear him waking up at his usual 3 a.m. scream. Plus, our stinkin air mattress had a slow leak so after an hour of laying on it it was totally flat. Sleeping on hard groud just isn't what it used to be. We already have 2 more camping trips planned in March. Yikes, I am thinking one a month is all I may be able to handle now!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sara said...

That is so fun that you guys live so close!!!! I loev reading all your funny stories on your blog!!! Nate is awesome for losing his marbles like the rest of us! Oh and i love the story about Bill?!!! Awesome:)

Reagan Family said...

Oh good times! I am so glad we were able to go and that you were willing to put up with us. Glad that Kade is a "real man" in Logan's words. :) We love you guys and we had a blast! Thanks Bill!! See you all soon!!! P.S. I may steal some of your pictures. Mine didn't turn out as well.

Marisa Jean said...

How much fun to be able to go with the Reagans. The fishing mishaps were sad though... :( I hate when stuff like that happens.