Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mover


Saturday ended up being such a great day. We didn't do anything big, I just really enjoyed our time as a family working around the house. Nate taught me how to mow and edge the lawn. Yes, I know it's pathetic that I've never mowed a lawn before. We basically had boy jobs, and girl jobs at my house growing up. Since I was the only girl I didn't ever mow the lawn or take out the trash. I ended up LOVING mowing our lawn. Outside chores are always more fun when it's a nice day. We pulled weeds and pruned some bushes. I didn't have any loud music playing like I usually do when we pull weeds. It was just really relaxing to have some quiet time. It may sound cliche' or cheesy...but I liked hearing the dogs barking, birds chirping, and the kids playing next door. I am so grateful that our Father in Heaven created this beautiful world for us to experience. One of our lessons in church today was about how we can take care of, and beautify, the things God has blessed us with. I hope it motivates me to get out and take care of our weeds and house work more often. Kade was just happy he's not big enough to pull weeds yet. He had a fun time playing with his toys on his blanket while we worked :)
My baby boy turns 7 months tomorrow. I can't even believe it. I am tearing up just thinking about how much joy he has brought to my life. I love him more than I ever even knew was possible. Kade seems to have grown up so fast just this week. He learned to crawl on Wednesday! We sit around and watch him inch across the floor and just laugh and laugh! Kade also cut two teeth on Thursday. I haven't experience any biting yet and I hope that it doesn't happen. Does anyone know what to do if it does? He has been quite the stubborn nurser this past few weeks. He won't really take a bottle either. I have had to start feeding him in a dark room so there is no other distractions. He kept trying to dive off my lap. The doctor says he needs the majority of his nutrition from breast milk or formula and all Kade wanted was baby food from a spoon. I was getting really frustrated with it all and was having to pump to keep up my supply. It now seems that since his teeth finally came in he is eating better. I wonder if it was just painful on his gums? Those darn teeth!
Trying to feed himself the little puffs.
With the crawling comes a trouble maker. He loves to explore everywhere and has already knocked down 2 garbage cans. I think I am going to be in for it.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

7 months already? Wowzers.

How have you never mowed a lawn? My brothers used to force me to do it even if it was the "boy" job. You can come mow my gigantic lawn ANY TIME YOU WANT! :) No really, any time. It will make your love turn to hate in 3 minutes flat.