Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1st Birthday!

PARTY TIME! This turned out to be such a fun day for our family. I get all weird and stressed trying to get ready for everything, but once it got started it was a blast. I had a lot of fun planning for his monkey party. The reason we did a Monkey Theme:

-First: Kade sort of looks like a monkey, especially with his little spike of hair on top.

-Second: Kade sleeps with the same monkey every single night. It is his very best friend. He drags it around the house with him and we take it everywhere. When he is tired he pats it on his face or rubs it on my face (nasty) It is SO cute to peek at him sleeping and see it tucked into his arm.



These were the little party favors that we gave to Kade's friends. It's hard to tell, but there is little monkey's on the bags.
Some pics of the decorations. I had a lot of help from Kathy and Heidi. I don't know what I would've done without them and their crafty skills. Heidi loves to make cakes and did a fabulous job on both cakes.! We kinda ruined it in this pic cause the cake was sliding off the plate..oopsy



Kade has his own bananas to smash into. He LOVED digging into it but he wanted nothing to do with eating the cake. Free reign to make a mess was the best thing he could've asked for.



These were the pre-cake pictures. I hope one day he doesn't hate me for making him wear that hat...it was just to cute on him!



The kids had a blast playing water games outside. Most of the adults were smart and tried to hide in the shade. It has been over 110 degrees all week, yuck! Kade's favorite part is when the slip'n'slide got the grass all muddy and he could roll around in the mud.



The two dingles :) He loves his Grandparents.



We were so grateful to our friends and family that were able to come celebrate with us to make it a special day for Kade.


Tired during the after party..it is hard work turning one!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

The McBrides said...

I love it! Looks like it was an awesome party, we were so bummed Ellery was sick! Good thing we didn't come tho because she ended up having a nasty virus roseola. We totally would have been the party crashers getting all the babies sick! Looks like it was fun, I LOVE the banana smash cake the most!

Jeff and Brandi said...

So cute! The decorations and cakes were amazing. I think my fav pic is that last one. He is so stinkin cute. Happy birthday Kader. We love you!

Kylee said...

AWesome job Mich!! I love the monkey theme....so so cute!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADER MAN!! Looks like it was a great day for all of you! :) Glad it turned out how you wanted and you were able to enjoy it too! HaAH

The Fast Family said...

Happy Birthday Kade!!! What a cute theme! I still can't believe he is already 1. I need to see him!!

Lexie said...

It looks so cute Michelle! I'm just getting Ty's party stuff ready. They are growing up so fast!

Tim and Brittney said...

Such a cute party, I love the monkey theme. I cant believe he is one. He is so cute!

Holly Woolsey said...

Why am I not at all surprised you had a big ol' awesome bash! I bet it was so fun!

Andrus Family said...

What a good mom you are, that looks like such an adorable party! Still can't believe a year has come and gone - where'd it go? Kade is as cute as ever, and I'm glad he had a good Monkey birthday!!

Marisa Jean said...

That monkey cake (the banana one) is to die for! Love the party idea and how every detail made it look perfect. You done good!