Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pause please...

If I could invent anything, it would be a remote control to pause time. I don't want my little man to keep getting older. This is his 1 year stats/update:

Kade is----

-Funnier than he has ever been in his long life
-The life of the party
-A show off at restaurants
-Half Chinese...he has this fake squinty smile that is to die for
-Talking/jabbering like crazy
-A total mamas boy
-Loves to rough house with his daddy, and of course fish with him
-Back on the charts for weight: 20 lbs 5 oz. I have been working like crazy on that. He is one picky eater..still hates milk.. spits out food he doesn't like or hides it under his bum in his high chair :). Figuring out what to feed him is my biggest hardship
-He even grew a little taller...we are now the 25% whoot whoot! He still wears a lot of 6-9 clothes but can wear 12 month tops if they are a little smaller
-So maybe his head is now off the charts...over 110% head. I feel really bad when I have to squeeze his shirts over his head
-Starting to LOVE books, thank goodness since he a 3 billion of them
-The apple of my eye (okay, I don't even know what that really means. Hopefully it fits in context. Ha ha, I have just always wanted to say it)
-A bathing king. Loves baths and splashing like a crazy man
-An All star athlete. No seriously, he already has a good arm and hits everything in site with his baseball bats. We will start trying to get the kick down when the walking comes. He loves crawling. He has taken steps and can stand up with pulling himself up with anything...but he just doesn't have a huge desire to walk yet.
-Making car nosies as he pushes his trucks/cars around the house
-Give the kid a balloon or a serving spoon and he is set for life
-He is sleeping like a champ! WAHOO! Finally :)... at least 12 hours during the nap and usually 2 good naps. Oh praise the heavens. Funny thing is, that sometimes I miss him when he is napping.
-Basically, Kade is as cool as any one year old little boy can get. Thanks for making me laugh everyday.

I wish you could tell in the pic, but Kade is hitting the fish Nate caught with his baseball bat.

Just way to hot in Arizona for blankets!

-I just got offered a long term sub position for a teacher going on maternity leave. I have been struggling with the decision all week. It would help us out sooo much financially. Nate is starting up school again so he won't be able to work extra shifts at the hospital. I thought seriously about doing it. It would just be a 12 week sacrifice. But in the end I just couldn't. I love being Kader's stay at home mama. Hopefully one day something will pop up where I can help out with the bills, but not a full commitment of 5 days a week and 8 hours a day. My mom worked when us kids went into elementary school. And I will be grateful for her sacrifice everyday of my life. With her working we were able to fulfill our dreams of playing sports, and extra curricular activities. Hats off to the working mother who does what she has to do for her family. I am glad for my education so that I have teaching to fall back on. For now, I am so grateful that I can stay home with Kade.

6 comments:

The Balls said...

I hear ya on the pause! I think that more everyday with Brooklyn. Cannon just grew up overnight and now I just want little B to stay little forever!

Meesha said...

Amen! My mom was also a teacher to pay the soccer bills. I've decided not to go back after 5 years to stay home with Gigi...and I'm with you all the way!

Jeff and Brandi said...

I miss him! Hey our boys weigh the same now!

Sara said...

yes pause would be lovely! Samantha always quotes me saying how she never wants to grow aup and leave me!:)our kiddies grow up way too fast...and are so much fun! going back to work is a tough decision- especially when your hubby is in school and the dollar signs keep adding up:) but even with all that i am so grateful that i am able to be a stay at home mommy and witness first hand all the fun and special moments with my little ones! i love my job!...ok there are some moments when a paid vacat would be nice:)

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Stalker here....

SO awesome that you get to stay at home, he will be so grateful just like you are to your Mom :) SAHMs have a TOUGH job and I commend you for doing it and being happy to do it. I hear some Mom's that all they do is complain about being at home and it makes me sad for the kids. Keep up the good work! Someday I'll have the same title :)

I have a link for you.. shoot me an email kendylhawkins@yahoo

Marisa Jean said...

Isn't it weird how every stage is your favorite? When you figure out that invention, PLEASE give me one, because I've wanted that remote for a few tender moments of my own lately. Is he seriously a year already?!? Freak. Time flies.